Amazing Avocado Gelato
Avocado gelato? Yes, it may sound a bit weird, but I haven’t met a kid yet who doesn’t LOVE it. Avocado gelato is a lower-sugar, lighter-calorie adaptation of a recipe from my friend Jenny Ross, who owns the raw food restaurant 118 Degrees. Raw, live, and luscious!
- 3 avocados
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons sugar-free chocolate protein powder (vegan)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
- 3 tablespoons coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 1 dropper full chocolate-flavored liquid stevia
- In a blender, mix all the ingredients except coconut flakes. Blend until creamy and smooth. Mixture should be very thick!
- Either smooth entire contents into a cake pan or drop round in tablespoon-sized balls (like cookies, but a little thinner) onto a cookie sheet. Note that it is easier to spread the mixture into a cake pan, but it is a little more challenging to cut it after it has been frozen. Dropping onto a cookie sheet can be a little messy, but then it is easier to grab and eat after freezing. Try it both ways and see how you like it.
- Sprinkle coconut over the top.
- Place cake pan or cookie sheet in freezer for at least 2 hours until frozen.
- Serve as a frozen treat. They taste like Fudgesicles!