Antiox Detox Chopped Salad with Shrimp Scampi
Ingredients For Salad
- 1 green apple, cored and diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ½ cup chopped raw walnuts
- 2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon cur cumin
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 teaspoon xylitol or raw, unfiltered honey
Ingredients For Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 pound raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped basil
- ½ cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Preparation For Salad
- In a large salad bowl, combine apple, pomegranate seeds, kale, mixed greens, walnuts, and cucumber.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, cur cumin, garlic, and xylitol or raw, unfiltered honey, if using. Whisk until well blended.
- Combine with salad mixture and toss well.
- Divide evenly among 4 plates.
- Top with avocado.
Preparation For Shrimp
- In a skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat.
- Add red pepper flakes, if using. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, and cook for 1 minute on both sides, just until they turn pink.
- Be careful not to overcook.
- Add garlic, oregano, and basil.
- Stir in coconut milk and lemon juice. Cook until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.