Baked Halibut with Creamed Spinach Sauce
- 2 tablespoons grape seed oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance® butter substitute
- ¼ cup light coconut milk
- 4 halibut fillets, 6-8 ounces each
- ¼ cup baby spinach, chopped
- 1 small tomato, diced (about ½ cup)
- black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté shallot and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add vinegar and bring to a boil for about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and boil for another 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and Earth Balance®, and whisk. Take saucepan off heat and set aside momentarily.
- Lightly oil a baking dish with half of remaining tablespoon of oil. Place the fish in the baking dish and brush with the remaining oil. Add sea salt and pepper to fish as desired. Bake until fish is no longer translucent, about 10- 20 minutes depending on size of fillets.
- Meanwhile, return heat to low on sauce. Mix in tomato and spinach.
- Serve halibut on plates and spoon a small amount of sauce over each fillet.