Brain Fit Fajitas
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 small eggplant, peeled and diced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 cups shredded lettuce or cabbage
- 1 cup black or pinto beans
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted, peeled and mashed (guacamole style)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 Ezekiel sprouted grain tortillas
- Salsa (see recipe below)
Ingredients for Salsa
- 1 small onion, cut into quarters
- 2 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2-1 jalapeno (depending on how spicy you like it), roughly chopped. Remove seeds unless you like it really hot!
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Real Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil two cookie sheets.
- In a small bowl mix together oil (may need to be melted), cumin, paprika, chili powder, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Place eggplant, zucchini, squash, bell pepper, and onion on cookie sheets and lightly brush with oil mixture.
- Place in oven and roast for 20-25 minutes or until eggplant is tender. Be sure to turn vegetables at least once.
- Meanwhile heat tortillas and make salsa. Heat tortillas by wrapping in foil and placing in warm oven for 5-8 minutes. Do not overheat or they will crack and fall apart.
- Heat beans and place in serving bowl.
- Arrange vegetables separately on a serving platter and serve hot. Place avocado, tomatoes, and cabbage on a serving tray.
- Serve warm vegetables, cold vegetables, salsa, and beans together.
- Prepare food processor.
- Place onion and garlic in food processor and pulse several times until onion has a coarsely chopped, but not over processed appearance.
- Add cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, tomatoes, and hot cayenne pepper.
- Process until salsa is desired consistency but not mushy.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.